This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpeakFreelyCarefree #CollectiveBias
Life is full of surprises. Day-to-day, we never know when one might sneak-up on us. That can be a fun part of life, especially when they're welcome surprises! Finding change in the laundry (finders keepers!!). Remembering about that gift card from last Christmas that still has a remaining balance. Finding out that the car ahead of you paid for your morning coffee. All very surprising, and welcome.
I'm one of those people who LOVES surprises!! My husband...OMG you guys, he's SO BAD about keeping them from me. I remember the first time he got me a surprise. The conversation went a bit like this...
Jared: "I got you a surprise for your birthday."
Me: "Okay, great!"
Jared: (pausing for a few moments) "Do you want to know what it is?"
Jared: "Well, do you want to know where I got it???"
Me: "OMG, NO!!"
I think you get my point.
Regardless of how much I love surprises, there's one that I don't like to catch me off-guard. My period. That's why I'm always prepared.
Awhile back I had the genius idea of creating a Period Survival Kit. Something just for ME for that time of the month.
- Pain Medication - If you've ever experienced excruciating period cramps, you know they're no joke. I don't waste any time when I feel them coming on. I'll immediately take some pain medication. If I try to hold off, I always regret it, because they escalate rather quickly.
- Hair Elastics - Sometimes I'll get too hot and need to get my hair off the back of my neck...especially during the summertime.
- Body Lotion - I cannot stand dry skin. It always seems to bother me more than usual when I have my period. I make sure to moisturize my skin with lotion in the morning and before bed.
- Lip Gloss and Lip Balm - Yes, both. They both do different things and are vital in my book!
- Makeup Remover Wipes - These are perfect if you need a quick way to cool off and wipe your face down.
- Nail Polish - I like to switch it up, but right now I'm loving this summery mint shade. I reminds me of a pool!
- Carefree® Acti-fresh® Thin Liners - These super thin, absorbent liners lock fluid away. They do a great job keeping you feeling fresh, confident, and comfortable throughout the day. They are so soft and flexible, you will forget you're wearing a liner!
- Carefree® Original Regular Liners - There's nothing like a classic! These liners have a cottony-soft rectangular shape with stay-put adhesive to keep your liner from shifting.