I was a single mom for three days. | The Momma Diaries

Thursday, September 29, 2011

I was a single mom for three days.

Okay. So, obviously I'm being a bit dramatic, considering my husband was in the Police Academy for six months & I was basically a single parent then. And, clearly it was much more difficult than a measly three days. But, the title seemed fitting :)

Jared had to go away for training Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday of this week. Which meant, it was just me and my sweet boy [as well as our cat & puppy]. I wanted the three days to go by quickly, and have some great "Mommy/Lincoln" time. He's also been on one heck of a nap strike lately, so I was really hoping I wouldn't have a cranky toddler on my hands.

Monday I decided we would head to Lincoln's favorite playground & the bookstore. Well, of course he fell asleep on our way there, so I let him nap in the car while I played on my phone. I decided when he woke up we'd hit up Kohls really really quickly. I was in dire need of a new pair of sunglasses, especially considering I'm going to Orlando next week. Mine broke. Again. Which is why I refuse to spend a fortune on sunglasses.

Lucky for me, because it's the end of the season, almost all of their sunglasses were on clearance! I was able to get a super cute pair for only $6!!! Now I won't feel so bad when I break them. Because, I KNOW it will happen.
Once we were finished at Kohls, we hit up the playground. Unfortunately, it was ridiculously hot & humid outside. Lincoln even asked me to leave after only being there for ten minutes. I don't blame him. It was HOT!!
After the playground, we walked over to the bookstore. The playground we visit frequently just so happens to be smack dab in the middle of an outdoor shopping center. It's perfect really. Lincoln happily played in the kids section for quite sometime. It was a fun day for us both.

Tuesday was spent hanging out around the house. I have a lot to get done before we leave next week. Oliver helped me do the laundry. He especially loved snuggling up with Daddy's clean socks :)

Dinner was interesting that night. I figured on just making grilled cheese for Lincoln and me. However, Lincoln would not leave me alone for a second. UNLESS, I had this bucket on my head.

Oh no, I'm not kidding you. I cooked with this bucket on my head. If I took it off, a complete meltdown took place. If I left it on, he smiled, clapped, and happily played with his pots & pans on the floor. Maybe I'm a sucker. But whatever.

Wednesday I had an appointment with my therapist in the morning. I'm feeling really good lately, however, I know it's important I keep up with my appointments. So, despite the urge to cancel to indulge in some shopping, I went.

We played outside when I came home. Evy even joined in. She was seriously "herding" Lincoln. If he would attempt to go out of the little space we were playing in, she'd herd him back in. I love this dog.

Now, it's back to normalcy, whatever that is. Lots & lots to do before our big trip next week. I hope you all have a great day :)


  1. Sounds like you guys had a full couple of days - but you rocked it! :) I love the bucket... maybe it's a new fashion trend?

  2. ohhh mama! cooking with a bucket on your HEAD! hahahaa. i love it. well done you. :) (and thanks for showing us a picture.)


Comments make me happy! I love to hear from my readers :)

Get Widget