Monday, February 22, 2010
For what seems like forever, we have been trying to establish a bedtime routine for Lincoln. For the first two months of his life, he would only sleep on his daddy's chest at night. This made for two long months of sleeping on the couch...the three of us. For the past few weeks however, Lincoln has [finally] been sleeping in his crib! It just seemed to magically happen one night, and he's been a trooper ever since! We will normally put him down around 9 or 10pm, and he'll sleep until about 4am. After his bottle, he'll go back to sleep until around 7am. This is h.e.a.v.e.n.! I am finally able to enjoy my brandy new temperpedic mattress :) This makes a very happy mommy (and daddy, cause he was getting quite cranky himself!) Part of his bedtime success is the magical Fisher Price Seahorse. This thing is a godsend let me tell you! He sleeps with his seahorse every night, and LOVES the music it plays. He loves the music so much, that we recently bought him a cd player to play lullabye's for him to fall asleep to. Slowly but surely, I'm figuring this whole mommy thing out ;)
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Thanks to the lovely Mrs. G at http://mrandmrsg3.blogspot.com/, I have been honored to receive this sparkly little award :) I recommend you click on Mrs. G's blog link to read all about her pregnancy adventures!
Here are the rules for the award:
~Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
~Copy the award and paste it to your blog.
~Tell us 7 interesting facts about yourself.
~Nominate 7 bloggers that you love and link to their blog.
Here we go:
1. The whites of my eyes are blue. It's called "blue sclera" and it's a trait of the Osteogenesis Imperfecta. I think it's kind of neat!
2. I love to watch General Hospital...it's my guilty pleasure!
3. When I was 13 years old, I won a National Business Plan Competition. I had to create a non-existing business, and develop a business plan for it. I got to travel to Washington DC and North Carolina for the awards ceremony! Quite a big deal for a 13 year old ;)
4. I was a cheerleader for 7 years...but definitely DO NOT fit the "typical" cheerleader stereotype.
5. I love to watch the Red Sox. I can watch any game during the season from start to finish, and not get bored.
6. I know every mom say it, but really, I do have the cutest baby boy ever! :)
7. I never thought I'd be a stay at home mom, but now that I am, I wouldn't change it for the world!
And now, here are 7 of my favorite bloggers that I nominate:
thundercatsarego at http://thundercatarego.blogspot.com/
Jenny at http://thesemansfamily.blogspot.com/
Lindsey at http://lindseysmixed.blogspot.com/
Bella at http://bellaandherfella.blogspot.com/
Mandee at http://ourpeacefullittlelife.blogspot.com/
Heathercara at http://somewombthoughts.blogspot.com/
Kim at http://kimberlyhunt.blogspot.com/
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Yup...I'm changing the name of my blog! "Everyday Adventures of our Life" is now "The Mommy Diaries." I wanted something more catchy, and thought this title was much more fitting! I also added my blog to topmommyblogs.com and topbabyblogs.com. You can vote for us if you click the icon that's on my right column! I figured if I added my blog to those sites, I'd be motivated to update it more. Anyways, that's all for now...hope you all had a fabulous weekend!